Skip to main content

JESUS, THE REASON FOR OUR LIFE

Calvary greetings pals, we give all the Glory to GOD for sparing our lives till this day. I want to let us know that it is not because of our righteousness nor because of our power but by his mercies that endureth forever. let us bear it in mind that each new day HE gave to us is a second chance for us to do things aright, correct our mistakes, draw nearer to Him and do those things that pleases Him which is the primary reason HE created us.
Prayer: Lord, as we journey on your word this moment, let every utterance come from the holy spirit and let every reader be edify to the glory of your holy name. Your word says that The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Give us understanding and shed your light in every dark places of our heart in Jesus wonderful name. Amen.

it is recorded in the book of Colossians 1:16-17

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Note the emphasis in the above verses, all things including me and you were made by Him and for Him. what's that suppose to mean, we are all His: spirit, soul and body. Again Rev 4:11 says

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.  
In case you are wondering what you are created for, the reason for your life, or you have being asking yourself: what on earth am I here for? you are created for the singular reason to give him pleasure. meaning that everything you do should be to his glory, that's why Apostle Paul said by the holy spirit in 1Cor 10:31 ...whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
it's not about you, it's not about me it's all about Him, he is the reason for everything. So whatsoever you do... the way you dress, the way you walk, your relationship with other people counting down to your work weather you are a petty trader, a business man, you work in central bank, whatsoever you do, let Jesus be seen in it. that's the big thing of Christianity, that's what Christianity is actually all about: Living the life of God, showing forth the glory of God.

Apostle Paul said by the Holy Spirit in 1Cor 6:19-20 that ...ye are not your own and that ye are bought with a price. if that's the case, we should work to please him that has purchased us and not ourselves. 


What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  


He is the reason for everything. let everything in you and about you praise Him.

If you have not accepted Him as your personal Lord and Saviour, this is an opportunity for you. accept him today and give your life a meaning. Remember if you are not saved, you are not safe. Say this simple prayer with all sincerity and he come and dwell in you.
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner and that I cannot help myself. today I accept you to be my Lord and Saviour, help me to stay above sin and give me the power to become your son, keep me till the day of your coming. in Jesus mighty name. Amen. 

If you have just said that prayer, congratulations! you are welcome into God's family, you are a new creature, a new born baby, having no past (2Cor 5:17). Do find a bible believing Church to nurture your faith, God bless you.

Note: all emphasis in the above post are mine and scriptures are taking from the king James version of the bible.

Your comments, questions and contributions are always welcome.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO SPEAKS!!!

1.   " Hard work does not wear people out, it is wrong work that wears them out." 2.  "There’s no sleeping competition in life. If you sleep for 8 hours a day, you sleep one-third of           your life, and at age 100, you would have slept for 25 years!"  3.  “I have invested in my life an average    of 18 hours a day on productive                                          engagement. So if you work 8 hours,         then I’m working twice your day plus 2    hours            extra. So when I’m 50, I will be 11    in your own calendar.” 4.     "Hard work does not wear people out, it is wrong work that wears them out." 5.     "When the things of God don’t matter to you, you are under the influence of one of the                rulers of this world .”  6.      “ You cannot advertise a gospel you don’t exhibit. It must be visible  first  in your life before           you can effectively pass it to others.”  Pastor

TIME THE MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE IN THE WORLD.

Time is an invaluable resource and it tops the chart of waste resource in Africa. I guess this is why business in the west are more successful and enduring than what we have in Africa. In the developed countries, time is money; this means a man's value is evaluated based on what he can produce on hourly basis. There was a popular analysis that either sleep or awake, Bill Gate makes 4 million dollars every passing day. In America, an attorney earns $250-$300 dollars an hour. A garbage man earns $8 dollar for the same hour. This shows the value of each's input, they don't go late for appointments (as we do here), all events (government or private) starts at the exact schedule time frame. if you go to work late three times, you will be fired and replaced almost immediately without any apology. In Africa we have accepted waste of time as a norm; we even call it 'Africa time'. This celebration of mediocrity is the reason we cannot compete favorably with developed

A LETTER TO GOD II

Dear God, I want to thank you for all you have done for me, my family and friends and specifically for the first quarter of the year 2016. Lord, you have being faithful and I am grateful. Thank you a million times.  Lord, your word said that:       ...A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.     John 3:27 .  Now   Lord I ask for grace, the divine enablement to do your will every seconds of my life. It is my utmost desire, the longing of my soul to please you at all time, just like the deer panteth for water so my soul pant after you. But just like Apostle Paul said the other day: For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do...   Rm 7:19-23.  Please, Lord send me help from above, remember now your word in Ezekiel 36:27 ;  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them . Father, I need the spirit now,  pour your spirit afresh upon me and cause me to wa